Sunday, January 07, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

I've a huge decision to make, get a ps2 or take the its value in cash. Most people will probably say, "TAKE THE MONEY!!!", but I've been wanting to get a ps2 for ages. I've been told that ps2's are old now and I should get a ps3 instead, which costs around five thousand pounds and isn't sold in Egypt and probably won't be until I graduate (summer 08 btw). I'm not planning on staying in Egypt after I graduate so by then I would probably give the ps2, if I get it, to charity or something. It's really annoying because its supposed to be a present, and if I decide to take money they will give me the cash, but if I decide get a ps2 they will still give me cash. Many people would see no difference in being given a ps2 as a present and actually going to buy one with money, unfortunately I know and realise the value of money, so by giving me the money in hand they are sort of saying in an unverbal way, "Here is the money, we trust you'll do something responsible with it" or some sort of crap, well not exactly crap but... you know, parent stuff.
My brother says to whatever I want(such words of wisdom really help me), but he is going to play on my ps2 anyways if I get it. All of this probably sounds very trivial but I thought I'd just post it as part of trying to keep this blog going rather than talk about politics and religion, everyone here is mad about that stuff!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home